ADAMINABY is a pretty town with well established trees. The Town was moved half a century ago for the construction of Lake Eucumbene and is now the proud home of Australia's reknown 'Big Trout'.
- 3G Mobile coverage;
- All free to air Digital TV stations;
- ADSL2 Plus broadband;
- Clear, pure water from Lake Eucumbene.
- Large Community Hall with Meeting Room. The auditorium features the spectacular Stage Curtains;
- Swimming Pool;
- Race Course;
- Nine hole Golf Course;
- Small Airstrip;
- You can visit the Adaminaby Snowy Scheme MUSEUM.
- Old Time Dance (Hall) & Picnic (Old A) - the second weekend in January;
- Easter Fair held each Easter Saturday;
- Opening of Trout Season the long weekend in early October;
- Snowy Mountains Trout Festival late Oct - early Nov (dates to be confirmed);
- Adaminaby Race Day - second last Saturday in November;
- Men's Bowling Club Trout Triple Tournament .. first or second weekend in December (dates to be confirmed).
ADAMINABY PROUDLY FEATURES:
- A PURE & inexhaustible water supply from Lake Eucumbene;
- Bakery and Café (both do takeaways);
- Bowling Club;
- 1 Service Station and 2 petrol retailers;
- Post Office with banking facilities;
- Snowy Museum Op shop;,
- Fishing Tackle Shop;
- Real Estate Agent and historical Gallery;
- Lovely old Churches;
- Over 100 century-old buildings;
- Enjoy a signposted 'HeritageTown Walk' past historic buildings and beautiful established gardens.
These magnificent 9x4 metre hand-crafted stage curtains are located in the Adaminaby Hall and can be viewed by appointment. They were created by the Adaminaby community specifically for the historic Adaminaby Hall over a period of two and a half years and are unique.
MAKE ADAMINABY THE CENTRE OF YOUR TOUR OF THE SNOWIES
See what Adaminaby offers.
The Snowy Mountains Highway, on which Adaminaby is located, has an excellent, well maintained, asphalt surface and is highly regarded by motorcylists.
OUR WEATHER: Adaminaby Weather
Have a look at the readings from the Weather Station which is located beside Lake Eucumbene. (As the terrain in this area varies, these readings are indicative only.)
Adaminaby is so centrally located you can EASILY VISIT:
- The remains ofOld Adaminabyon the shore of Lake Eucumbene,
- Cabramurra, Australia's highest town,
- The Yarrangobilly Caves & Thermal Pool,
- The Blue Waterhole and Cooleman Caves,
- Kosciusko National Park and walking trails,
- The ruins of the historic goldfield town of Kiandra and follow the Heritage Trail,
- SELWYN SNOWFIELDS and enjoy our Winter playground
- The historic homesteads Coolamine & Currango,
- Historic Alpine Huts,
- The picturesque Yaouk Valley
You can investigate the magnificent Snowy Mountains HydroElectricity Scheme,
- Find out what life was like when the Scheme was built when you visit Adaminaby's Snowy Scheme Museum;
- Visit its many Lakes;
- Tour Power Stations;
- See the many tunnels;
- Tour Snowy Hydro's Discovery Centre.